1. After ordering how long until I receive my order? Due to the preparation of Artisian process, processing time may take up to 7 - 10 days.
2. How should olive oil be stored? Olive Oil should be kept in a dark and cool place. Do not store in refrigerator; it is too cold. Once the bottle is opened the product should be used within 8 weeks.
3. How do I make a marinade ? Marinade: 1 part Oil to 1 part Vinegar
4. How do I make a vinaigrette Vinaigrette: 2/3 parts Oil to 1 part Vinegar
5. Where did the olive originate? The olive was native to Asia Minor and spread from Iran, Syria and Palestine to the rest of the Mediterranean basin 6,000 years ago. It is among the oldest known cultivated trees in the world - being grown before the written language was invented. It was being grown on Crete by 3,000 BC and may have been the source of the wealth of the Minoan kingdom. The Phoenicians spread the olive to the Mediterranean shores of Africa and Southern Europe. Olives have been found in Egyptian tombs from 2,000 years BC. The olive culture was spread to the early Greeks then Romans. As the Romans extended their domain they brought the olive with them.
6. I am looking for a specific kind of product on your website but can't find it can you assist? Yes, feel free to contact customer service by using the Contact Us section
7. How often will a new olive /vinegar be released? Seasonally, We will premier new items based on the freshest ingredients in season
8. Will you have an honor club? Not at this time however, we will offer monthly subscription boxes
9. Do you ship internationally? Yes, we ship internationally. Orders to Canada can be made online. Orders to all other non-U.S. destinations must be placed directly with Chic Chef Co., and paid by wire transfer. Appropriate duty taxes may be due and payable to Customs Authorities.
10. How much olive oil should I have in my diet for the health benefits? Including about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil daily to a diet otherwise rich in vegetables and grains, moderate in fish, poultry, and dairy, and low in red meats and sweets may be all it would take to experience the benefits of olive oil.
11. What are polyphenols? Polyphenols are phytochemicals, meaning compounds found abundantly in natural plant food sources that have antioxidant properties. There are over 8,000 identified polyphenols found in foods such as tea, wine, chocolates, fruits, vegetables, and extra virgin olive oil,1 just to name a few. Polyphenols play an important role in maintaining your health and wellness. Antioxidants as a group help protect the cells in your body from free radical damage, thereby controlling the rate at which you age. If your body does not get adequate protection, free radicals can become rampant, causing your cells to perform poorly. This can lead to tissue degradation and put you at risk of diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer's disease, for example. (From http://articles.mercola.com)